Thursday, June 9, 2011

This past week has been packed with teaching and lots of tracting. I am very excited becuase my investigator Susan is getting baptized this weekend!  On top of that on Thursday President Reeves & Sister Reeves are coming up to Yucca for Multi Zones (A missionary meeting) Yucipa & Palm Desert Zones are coming. im glad they are having it up here in Yucca so I don't have to drive anywhere. I have picked up 3 new investigators this week and everything is going great! The weather has been perfect all week in the 80's with a breeze. 
My ward is amazing. all of my investigators are fellowshipped and befriended as soon as they walk in the door. The members here in Joshua tree & Yucca Valley are doing something right. The desert is amazing. everyday I get to look at layers & layers of mountains. I feel very blessed and lucky to be serving here. I will be sending more pictures soon. One person I'm teaching right now used to be homeless and a drug addict. now she went to rehab and she is getting her own apartment. you can tell she has had a hard life and now shes working very hard to get better. There is a day and night difference in her since the day we met and now. This past Sunday I wanted to cry because she was dressed up in her Sunday best. She looked like a daughter wonderful daughter of God. I have reactivated a few familys and now they are enjoying the blessing of the gospel. Two new families have moved into the ward and im very happy. They all seem like very nice people. I love being on a mission. its the most wonderful feeling in the world working hard and seeing your work pay off. Like this family that has been less active for a long time. We went over and just started visiting with them and now they really want to go to the temple. They have a long road in front of them but their heart is in the right place. I see miracles happen everyday. From small to huge. The Lord has his hand in everything we touch. I feel like many people where put into my path so I could speak to them. There's a lot of seed planting here in California but one day someone will harvest them. I love you all and I hope all of you are doing amazing. Don't forget to write me! :) Everytime I get a letter it makes my day and makes me work even harder.
 
Love Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment