Thursday, May 5, 2011

This past week has been really really good. I love my companion hes awesome. We have taught 14 lessons this week and that is pretty good for the area we are in I guess. Tracting here is hard. We tracted for 3 hours yesterday and only talked to 10 people. We have 2 baptisms on May 14th. It's really hard work but I'm gettin my tan on!  We went on a hike with an investigator and we hiked on top of a mountain in Morongo. When we started teaching him out of the blue the wind started to blow with such force that we couldn't even hear each other.
We taught him about repentance and about scripture study. You could tell that he felt the spirit and he told us he was getting even more excited to get baptized on the 14th. As soon as we ended the lesson, the wind completely stopped. It was really weird. You could tell that there were some unwanted visitors trying to mess up the lesson.  They didn't though.
It has been in the 70's here mostly. Saturday I did Mormon Helping Hands. We went out to Joshua Tree near the national park and cleaned up the desert. The whole stake showed up for it with probably about 150 people to help out. We moved old sofas, tires, box springs & tons of junk. We lifted up a sofa and a huge lizard jump out and ran. It was pretty big. Then we saw 2 king snakes, but king snakes are nice snakes they eat rattle snakes. It felt good to do that service and help clean up the desert.  It is really pretty here. There are so many layers of mountains and Joshua trees. Everyone in my ward are great people. I have been getting fed very well. I love you all and hope that everyone is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment