Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All is going good here in sunny southern California.
Chris is doing very well in the chruch. He is making friends left and right! I have been working really hard with less actives and this past Sunday was the best Sunday so far on the mission. We had 11 less actives come back to church and 5 investigators come! I was almost in tears because every time I would trurn around there was more and more people coming into the chapel. Everyone of them said that they felt the spirit at church and that they are going to come back. Marilyn is a really awesome person she is a J-dub but she likes the mormons and the doctrine we teach. She has been taking the missionary lessons for 3 years and she is very close to getting baptized. She said she wanted to go to church for 1 month before she gets baptized.  She has 2 dogs, Taco (the dog that bit me) and Buttons.
We had to drop Chris Y. this week. He never answers the door anymore or returns our calls so we had to just drop him. We will try to go back in a few weeks. I don't understand why he's ditching us he totally felt the spirit and was moving forward.  I know I planted a very good seed in him for future missionaries to harvest. I went on exchanges in 29 Palms on Wednesday and had a blast with Elder Bailey who is from Wellsville, Utah. I learned a lot from him and it was nice to see how other missionaries go about doing work. There was this guy with 11 dogs!! It was really funny! Susan is doing very well. She made a lot of friends at church this past sunday and she is an amazing person. We have another investigator that lives in a halfway house and she is getting her own apartment soon. I'm so happy for her. She has quit drinking coffee and she is moving towards baptism. She inspires me to be a better person. She has gone through so much in her life. The past 10 years she has been homeless in the desert living in a tent. Now she is blossoming into this beautiful person and its because she has found the Savior in her life. :) Tracting here is really hard. We could tract for 4 hours straight and only talk to 15 people. Apparently its snake season I have all these people showing pictures to me of HUGE snakes! I still have only seen 3 :p Anyways, I love all of you and I hope all is well! Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment