Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This past week has been great! We went to the Redlands California temple last Thursday and it was so beautiful. Tons of palm trees,orange trees, lemon trees & grapefruit trees all around the temple grounds. that temple is amazing pictures don't even compare to what it looks like in person! the Boutwell family drove us out there and after the temple we went to CTR books and then had Subway for lunch. it was a perfect day. Saturday was a very long day we tracted for 4 hours and right when we where almost don't with tracting my companion got a call from president and it was not good news at all. I love my companion so much he is such a strong person. He took the news with stride and just worked even harder without even a tear. He is a great example to me. President even offered him to go home if he wanted to but he said "no my work is not done yet" . Right after that whole thing happened we tracted into a house where these hippie type people answered the door. We started talking to them and they are from Cedar City, Utah but just moved from Bremerton, Washington. They left the church but they want their son to be in scouts. I totally know they are going to go back to church. After that we drove down to Morongo Valley to have posole with Chris and his family. It was actually pretty good. It was different but it was good. He was so excited to get baptized later that day! Then we went back to the church to fill the font and all of these people started showing but Danny & Chris where going to be baptized in the same day. The baptism of Chris was incredible and special in every way. All of his sins where gone and he had a fresh start. I had the joy of giving him the gift of the Holy Ghost and confirming him a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints after that I gave him a powerful blessing. I hope he never forgets that blessing I gave him. Then we taught a few other lessons before dinner then we rushed back down to Morongo Valley to the Kinkaids and had fried steak with fresh corn on the cob and strawberry shortcake. Fresh food is the best food. We felt prompted to go back to Chris's house and teach him again. You could tell his whole family felt the spirit none of them are members of the church but they now want to take the missionary lessons. Chris set the example for his family and now they are following his example. Today was P-day! We went down to Palm Springs and had the most amazing P-day ever! We went on the Palm Springs Aerial Tram but to the top of a 8500 ft tall mountain it was insane. We went from 1,900 ft to 8500 ft in 10 mins! The cabin thing spinned around. We got up to the top where the lodge was and we went hiking into the San Janico State Park and national monument. It was 43 degrees up there while it was 83 in Palm Springs. It was one of the most breath taking things I have ever seen in my whole life! It was incredible! We went with the 29 Palm elders and the zone leaders.
I filmed the whole way back down so I'll send you that in a DVD. I took tons of pictures. After that we where driving around palm springs.There weere a lot of flowers and trees. The palm trees where super tall and cool looking. We went shopping and then went to Aspen Mills. A member owns it and fed us free lunch and gave us tons of bread and cookies to last us a lifetime! They were so kind to us.
Palm Springs is amazing I hope I get to serve there someday. I love all of you so much. Thank you for your letters and support it honestly helps me make it through the days of being a missionary. I made it to teaching 20 sit down lessons this week!  I guess so all the hard work is paying off!
Love Elder Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment