Monday, April 25, 2011

Hey mom!
My P-days are always going to be on Mondays now. 
Everyone arrived safe in Riverside.  The last few days of the MTC were awesome. I'm so excited to be out here now.  Tell everyone to send all mail US PS 1st class so the mission home can forward me everything. They are very good about forwarding everything.
President and Sister Reeves are the nicest people ever! The mission home is super nice. Its up in the Riverside hills with orange trees, palm trees, and exotic pink flowers it was awesome!
Theres a lot of nice nice people here. I love Sister Robinson thats the mission office lady she is so nice to me.
Ok so my first area is!!! Yucca Valley California!!
I am in the desert 30 mins to Palm Springs. My area is the Mojave Desert. The towns I cover are Yucca Valley,Morongo Valley,Joshua Tree & Joshua Tree National Park.
We have a really nice 4x4 truck that we drive everywhere and its awesome. We have to go off roading to get to any of our investigators because none of the roads here are paved. It's so cool here.
There are these funny looking trees called Joshua trees and they are really pretty. There's no grass here. 
It gets too hot.  Everyone says the summers are going to be 120ish but it cools down at night
because we are in the higher desert area. I live in a very nice place. It"s a newer twin home with 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and a huge nice kitchen and 2 car garage.  We have a new washer in the garage so I don't have to go anywhere for laundry so thats nice. There are rattle snakes,scorpians,blackwidows and a few other kinds of creepy things.  I have not seen any of those yet.  Theres lots of lizards and roadrunners and bunnies here too.
I have been working very hard.  This morning I cleaned the whole house with my companion Elder Marshall.
He is from Edmonton,Alberta,Canada.
I feel very lucky to have him train me and show me the ropes. He's the nicest person.  He works really hard. Its hard to go tracting out here becuase all the houses are a mile apart.  We have a lot of investigators that we have found got the past few days. We are going to start teaching this lady named Susan who wants to be baptized so thats cool. We also have a few others who are getting closer to being baptized. The ward here is  really good.  It's called the Onaga Trail Ward.
 The people around here love the elders and love doing missionary work. I went over to this investigator's house that we are teaching and their dog that is a chihuahua named Taco bit me!  I didnt get hurt though.
We went to dinner out in Morgongo to this really nice family that made me and my companion Easter baskets.  It was really nice. Then we went over to this family's house in Yucca that fed us turkey sandwiches for easter dinner.
Theres a lot of work to be done so im excited. There are 12 zones in my mission but they are going to give Temecula to the Carlsbad mission so then there will only be 11 zones.
All my MTC friends are in diferent zones so I wont be able to see them too often.
Elder Tom L Perry is coming next week to visit the mission.  We are going to Riverside for a huge missionwide meeting there I think the  San Bernadino mission will be there too.
I miss my teachers at the MTC a lot. They are all really truly amazing people. My testimony has grown so much I am so excited to teach people.
I went out to 29 Palms for district meeting the other day. That place is in the middle of nowhere! Today im going to the store called Stater Bro's to go get some munchies for me.
Tell grandma and grandpa that I love them and that im having the time of my life.   I love you a lot mom. Please tell everyone that I say hello.
Love,
Elder Jonathan Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment