Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This past week has been CRAZY. There has been so much stuff going on! I made the front page of the newspaper!A car blew up  in front of one of our appointments in Joshua Tree.  I took the picture thats on the front page of the newspaper!! I took the picture and video down to the news station and they were really happy that I got such good pictures. I'm sending you guys a copy of the newspaper with my picture.  Add on to that there was a chase down Acoma in Yucca Valley. The guy rolled the car and it blew up. Then he started a forest fire in all the Joshua trees. Then my companion and I wanted to find out where the smoke was coming from so we drove up into the hills to get a better view. We parked up and saw how huge the fire was. Then a park ranger type person came and told us to leave because the guy that started the fire was still running from the cops and he had loaded gun and he was up here in the hills somewhere. It was crazy! 
In other news I get to stay here in Yucca Valley for another 6 weeks! So feel free to send me letters now! :) Also we got a flat tire out in the desert yesterday lol. that was not fun.
Elder marshalll is getting transferred though :(  I'm a lil bummed but hes going to Moreno Valley (east LA) I'm sure he will have fun. I am going to meet my new companion in 3 hours.. He's getting transferred in from Corona. The work is going really good here still. its a little bit slow because of summer. It seems like everyone is at the beach or in San Diego. We had 3 investigators come to church and 7 less actives come! I feel so blessed to be here. I love all of the people here a lot. They are really cool. I just love being out here in the desert. Even though its hot im starting to get used to it. Everyday its about 100-105ish and at night it only drops to 90 :p. Anyway,s thats about all thats going on down here. I met my new mission president and his wife. They where very nice I think im going to like them a lot.  I  tracted into a HUGE athiest he tried to tear down our faith but it didnt work :p  He writes books on being an athiest and he was a pretty evil man. You just look at him and you get this dark feeling. After he yelled at us for 20mins he said he had to go take a shower and get ready for something. While my companion and I were walking away my companion said "alright enjoy the water that God gave you!" lol! It made my day. Being on a mission is an emotional rollercoaster but its worth it. I love you all and hope that all of you are doing well.
 
Love Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment